As a member of the Greater Valdosta area business community, Miller Hardware Company’s (MHC) social responsibility is to support local, nonprofit community organizations by providing financial contributions, in-kind services, and volunteer support. In keeping with our corporate mission, we aim to be an example within our community through gifts of time, talent, and resources to make our local community a better place.
This Charitable Contributions and Sponsorship Policy ensures that all MHC donations, sponsorships, volunteer activities, and in-kind services are coordinated and aligned with our Company social responsibility strategy and business goals, maximize opportunity for brand visibility, foster long-term business relationships, and are within our budget and resource limitations.
This policy eliminates duplication and establishes a central point of contact for internal and external requests. All Company expenditures for charitable donations, silent auction items, sponsorship, fundraising events, recognition dinners, golf tournaments, program ads, etc. will be handled accordingly.
All incoming and outgoing requests for charitable contributions/sponsorship, in-kind services or support, and/or Company volunteer support, or business courtesies will be coordinated and administered by MHC Community Relations. Individual employees may not respond to requests from (or solicit from) individuals or organizations that have an actual or potential business relationship with our companies.
Incoming or outgoing requests for sponsorship, charitable donations, volunteers, in-kind services, gifts or giveaways, or business courtesies must be made in writing and presented to the attention of Miller Hardware Community Relations for review and final disposition. MHC Community Relations will communicate directly with solicitor regarding all requests and coordinate any follow up documentation, and/or collateral activities such as ads, tickets, invitations, banners, etc.
The following guidelines are used in reviewing requests for charitable contributions and sponsorship and company volunteer initiatives:
1. All Company charitable contributions, sponsorship, and in-kind services shall promote our business goals, create positive visibility, and demonstrate social responsibility. Such requests must be formally presented a minimum of ten days before the considered event.
2. Only request made by 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations, and 501(c)(6) business leagues will be considered for charitable contributions, sponsorship, volunteer support, or in-kind donations.
a. However, we will strongly consider any request presented by a non-associated 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and 501(c)(6) that supports social, community, civic, educational, diversity, and economic endeavors on the local level.
The following exclusions apply:
1. MHC will not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services.
2. Contributions will be made only to the qualifying nonprofit agency. Contributions will not be made to organizations conducting fundraising (third party giving) on behalf of nonprofit agencies.
3. Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates, and political campaigns, or entities that are not nonprofit organizations, will not be considered.
Formal contribution requests may be submitted by mail:
MHC Community Relations
PO Box 98
Valdosta, GA 31603